Get Involved in the American Hands Project
- Please help spread the word about American Hands.
- Please tell your friends, family and associates.
- Sign up for the American Hands Newsletter on the Contact page of this website, and forward it to those you feel might be interested.
- Blog, tweet and link to American Hands on www.AmHands.com, as well as on Facebook. (On Twitter, our ID is @SallyWGrotta, and the hashtag is #AmericanHands.)
- Suggest possible venues for American Hands artist-in-residencies, lectures, exhibits, etc. When possible, please provide contact information for the venues.
- Suggest possible photo subjects for American Hands. Please remember that the focus is on those artisans who are creating concrete objects that were needed by our developing society, rather than those items that were primarily aesthetic or temporary in nature.
- Give a tax-deductible donation to help document, preserve and share these great stories, and remind our nation to continue to respect and support the people keeping such skills alive.
We are pleased to announce that the New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA), one of the country's most respected arts organizations, has adopted American Hands under its non-profit umbrella through the Artspire program. providing it with 501(c)(3) status. For further information, please go to the Donate Now page on this website. Or, click the Donate Now button to make a Donation on NYFA's secure page.
Your support and donation will make it possible for Sally to travel the United States, photographing traditional tradespeople at work, and sharing her pictures and stories through free-to-the-public exhibits, lectures and slideshow presentations. Thank you.